Pray Without Ceasing (2)
- God wants/demands His children to be in a prayerful disposition “without ceasing.”
- First, this is to live in the consciousness that God is always disposed to help us.
- Second, this means that we take every opportunity to pray.
- Third this means that we are to be disposed to pray in every state and condition.
- Fourth, this means that we not stop praying until our lawful requests are granted; we should not faint (Luke 18:1).
- Fifth, this means that as long as we live we keep praying – even when we are too old/weak to do other things.
- Why should we pray without ceasing?
- Because Satan is always assaulting us (as a roaring lion), seeking to bring us to sin and ruin.
- Because our old man quickly recovers strength to battle again.
- Because God is always ready to hear (Isaiah 59:1).
- Because Jesus is always presenting His sufferings to the Father, showing that He purchased for us all for which we pray.
- Because the Spirit is always ready to help our infirmities (Romans 8:26).
- Incentives to pray.
- Warning: do not trust in prayer itself, but in the Rock to Whom prayer leads us. We may not use prayer like a charm.
- There is a danger in not praying without ceasing.
- Consider the examples of the efficacy of the prayer of faith.
- “The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord; but the prayer of the upright is His delight” (Prov. 15:8).