Knowing The Origin Of My Sin
- A special creation.
- Scripture (not science) teaches that God created man good.
- God gave special attention to man?s creation, for man is His masterpiece in creation.
- First, the triune God spoke regarding man?s creation, ?Let us make man.?
- Second, the description of man?s creation is repeated (Genesis 1:27 and 2:7).
- Also, the manner of man?s creation was different: ?formed? as with God?s own hands.
- The mention of man becoming a living soul emphasizes that man?s is unique.
- Physically, mentally, psychologically, and spiritually man is a most remarkable creature.
- Man was created in one act of God, which had two aspects to it.
- The first aspect is that man was taken from the dust of the earth.
- The second aspect is that God breathed into him the breath of life.
- What especially exalted man is that he was created ?in the image of God.?
- This means that man was made to be like God.
- Because God is invisible, man was created to ?look? like God spiritually.
- The contents of the image of God.
- However Adam was lapsible, i.e., he was able to fall from this lofty position.
- We rightly make a distinction between man?s ability to bear the image and man?s actually bearing the image.
- Because God created us good, we cannot blame God for the presence of our sin and misery.
- Sin is to be found in our first father (our relative) and representative head.
- The blame is, then, to be only in man himself.
- Adam represented us, so when he fell into sin, we did as well (I Cor. 15: 21,22; Romans 5:12).
- We must accept this responsibility personally for all of our guilt and corruption.