I Believe in The Maker of Heaven and Earth
|Minister:||Rev. Ronald Van Overloop|
|Text:||Colossians 1; Lord's Day 9|
|Psalters:||269, 57, 404, 236|
- Revealing God.
- Creation reveals God, but it does not really prove God.
- Creation reveals the God’s will.
- God willed to create; He was not forced to do so.
- God’s will is unlimited.
- Creation reveals God’s omnipotence (cf. Rom. 1:20,21; Rev. 4:11).
- Creation shows that God can do whatsoever He pleases (Ps. 115:3).
- Creation shows that God is power forever, so that apart from Him there never was nor will be any power.
- Creation reveals God’s perfect wisdom (and His highest possible glory).
- We see the wisdom in the beautiful harmony of all the different parts of creation.
- This world (including sin) reveals the highest purpose of God and is adapted to reflect His highest glory.
- Creation reveals God as the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- The end and purpose of creation was Jesus Christ crucified, risen, and glorified.
- God ordained that all things would be united and reconciled in Christ (Col. 1:16-20; Eph. 1:10).
- Even at its beginning this world was adapted in perfect wisdom to fit Jesus Christ.
- God, as the Father of Jesus, our Savior and Lord, created.
- In His perfect wisdom God so arranges all things so they reveal best Christ and the salvation of all that are in Him.
- He is the spiritual Father of the elect on Whom I can rely entirely in every circumstance of life.
- As His children we can rely on our Father completely, trusting Him.