Faith in Father and His Providence
||Rev. Ronald Van Overloop
Lord's Day 10
||114, 328, 285, 345
- Our Father’s control.
- Providence is that God exercises absolute control over everything He created.
- First, He upholds, i.e., preserves in existence by the same Word of power by which He created.
- Second, He governs everything in perfect wisdom unto the end of His glory and our good.
- God is able to control all (even though we may not be able to explain it).
- God’ control is constant and omnipotent - not just Mighty, but Almighty (Psalm 135:6).
- God’s control is free, never prevented by anything from doing His will (Daniel 4:35; Eph. 1:11).
- God’s control is purposeful to the highest end (not arbitrary, impulsive, wayward or fickle).
- Our faith in God’s providence leads us to reject certain errors.
- The proper response to faith in God’s providence is child-like joy and gratitude, which is expressed by our being ....
- Obedient to our gracious Father.
- Thankful in prosperity (Psalm 103:2).
- Patient in adversity.
- And trusting our Father’s wisdom and love.