The Office Of Christ
- The idea of office.
- Adam was created an office-bearer of God.
- Adam was to serve God.
- The office is to represent visibly the invisible, infinitely glorious God before His creatures.
- Adam?s one office had three inseparable aspects: head, heart, hand.
- Intellectually Adam was prophet of God.
- Volitionally (his will), he was priest, able to want to love Him.
- Actively in relation to the world, he was king (under God).
- Sin entered the world, and God?s office-bearer became a rebel, an office-bearer of the devil.
- Jesus is given this office.
- The Christ was anointed and qualified to lead the works of God unto the highest glory of the heavenly kingdom.
- Christ did much more than restore to the original relationship.
- Christ?s coming into the world was in God?s counsel first, in order to unite all things in Him.
- Jesus is the prophet (Acts 3:22,23 from Deut. 18:15-19) who declared the Father (John 1:19; 15:15).
- Jesus as priest actually redeemed us with His one sacrifice (Hebrews 8:1,2; 9:14,28).
- Christ is King (John 18:37), eternally, gaining complete victory (Heb. 2:14,15).
- Do you believe that Jesus is the Christ (Matt. 16:15,16; John 6:66-69)?
- Seek to know more and more the knowledge of God and of your salvation.
- Believe that you need Him alone for forgiveness.
- Fight against sin and submit to His authority as your Lord and King.