The Marriage Supper of the Lamb
||Rev. Ronald Van Overloop
||401, 166, 280, 239
|Sacrament of the Lord's Supper
- The victorious setting.
- Chapters 17 & 18 describe the final and complete destruction of Antichrist.
- God’s judgment of the great whore implies:
- This is the cause for great joy in heaven (Revelation 19:1) as they celebrate God’s victory over the spiritual harlot.
- The entire church (the 24 elders) and creation (Revelation 19:4 beasts) also sing (Revelation 19:6).
- Altogether they sing, Alleluia, for the Lord God omnipotent reigns.
- The marriage of the Lamb.
- The actual marriage is the culmination of a long engagement (like Jewish weddings).
- Note that the Bridegroom is called “the Lamb.”
- The bride is “they which are called.”
- The blessed supper.
- For the marriage and supper the bride dresses herself (8).
- By faith she arrays herself in righteousness of saints.
- That she makes herself ready is not her earning the right to the supper and the marriage.
- The marriage of the Lamb occasions the marriage supper; a meal together is a picture of good fellowship.
- Even before the marriage supper the called ones are “blessed.”