Praying Always (1)
- What is prayer?
- Prayer is the holy conversation of the believer = s heart with God.
- Prayer is a duty.
- Prayer is the chief part of thankfulness, which God also requires of us.
- The child (of God) wants to pray to his Father.
- Three objections raised against the necessity of prayer.
- Why should we pray if God knows everything?
- God is unchangeable.
- God has already decreed what will happen, so why pray?
- How must we pray?
- First, to God and to Him only (Matt. 4:10; Isaiah 59:1).
- Second, we must have faith (James 1:6).
- Third, we must be spiritually sensitive, not dull.
- Fourth, we must pray according to the will of God (John 15:7). Abide in Me, and my words abide in you.
- Fifth, we must pray in the name of Christ (John 15:16; 16:33).
- And pray with thanksgiving, humbly grateful to Him whose we are for all things.