God's Call to Purity and Faithfulness
- The solid basis for this command.
- Adam and Eve experience their fall into sin by being ashamed of their nakedness and needing cover (Gen. 3:7).
- When Adam and Eve sought to divorce themselves from God, it had bitter consequences, also on their relationship.
- God redeemed marriage from sin?s ravages, making it a reflection of THE marriage (Eph. 5:32).
- God condemns adultery, all unfaithfulness and every uncleanness.
- Adultery is unfaithfulness on the part of a husband or wife, or it is sexual activity before marriage.
- Adultery/fornication violates covenant, destroying relationships.
- God promises His wrath against all "whoremongers and adulterers" (Heb. 13:4; Rev. 21:8).
- The purity which God requires is possible only in Jesus Christ.
- God always has more grace than we have sins, both to forgive and to enable us to be pure.
- Be motivated to grateful obedience by remembering the consequences of disobedience.
- Everyone who is married to Jesus is called to reflect Jesus in grateful purity and faithfulness.
- Finally, be motivated by considering the greatness of God's mercy.